Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bread Machine Pizza Dough

I've been making my own pizza dough for a few years now, it is so easy to do and is definitely cost effective. My favorite (and the easiest way in my opinion) is to make it with a bread machine.  You just dump all of the ingredients into the machine, hit the dough cycle and it's made for you :)  I usually pick one day and make pizza dough after pizza dough and then freeze them, so all I have to do to make dinner on a busy day is take a frozen dough out of the freezer in the morning.



The way you make dough with a bread machine is simple, put all of the ingredients in the machine (wet ingredients always go in first) and hit the dough cycle.  The dough cycle on my machine is about 1 hour and 30 minutes.



Ingredients:
2 tsp. dried granulated yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. olive oil
1 cup water
2 tbs. water

If I'm freezing the dough I will let it sit for about 10 minutes, then put it into a freezer bag and into the freezer it goes.

If I'm cooking the dough I will immediately put it on my pizza stone and roll it out.  I then set the oven to 425 degrees, add some garlic onto the rolled out dough and bake for about 8 minutes.  I then take it out of the oven, add the toppings and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment