Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Easter Gender Reveal



I knew from the beginning of our pregnancy that I had to know if it was a boy or girl.  Secretly (or not so secretly in my case) I really wanted a boy, and I also wanted to have his or her room completely done and clothes washed, folded, and arranged before his or her arrival.  My husband and I decided to do an elective ultrasound at about 15 weeks to see if we could find out the gender just before Easter. 

So, we looked around online for reputable elective ultrasound places and settled on one that looked nice and was affordable.  We went in and it was pretty apparent from the moment the ultrasound wand was on my belly that it was a boy!  We were so excited and couldn't wait to share the news.  We decided to tell our parents in a clever way on Easter.  Not wanting to do the usual cake cutting or other cliché methods I came up with the idea to put blue or pink jellybeans in plastic Easter eggs and have them all open them up at the same time.  You can tell by the picture below how surprised my parents were, I'm soo glad I caught their reaction on camera :) This was definitely a fun and unique way to do the gender reveal.



As for our next child (which is not in the near future!) I think I may want to be surprised at birth.  But, the planner/organizer in me probably will not be able to hold out that long.

Feel free to share in the comments below your unique ideas for a gender reveal, and with Easter coming up if any of you do the Easter egg gender reveal please come back and share with us how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment