Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chalkboard Printables

Chalkboard printables are everywhere right now and I of course had to jump on the 'bandwagon' when it was my son's first birthday.  I had admired the 1st birthday chalkboard printables and considered buying a $45 one for his birthday, but then the cheapo crafter in me decided to try to make my own.  I googled the DIY process and found many helpful websites to create my own.  I already owned Photoshop (which is pretty much essential to make a detailed chalkboard printable) and found a website to download fonts from.  I stayed up late one night, glass of wine in hand, and managed to put together a 1st birthday chalkboard together for my son's party. 


Here is the final version:




Here is another one I made:

 
For my son's I decided to print an 8x10 to frame for his nursery and I printed a 16x20 for his birthday party.  I printed the 16x20 on photo paper (at Staples) and bought a piece of foam board from the Dollar Store and used spray adhesive to stick them together, it worked great and was much less expensive then printing directly on foam board.
 
We are now selling the printables through our Facebook page and in my Etsy shop.
 

1 comment: